Vicky and Joe talk tiny tales, things that make Vicky cry, and why Joe ruins stories. Vicky has a rant about big dramatic Hollywood blockbuster-style rags to riches stories (especially the ones exaggerated by the bro marketers of the world) and explains why boring stories are not in fact boring at all, and why they’re the only ones that’ll really change the world. Tune in and find out how you can never run out of stories to tell again.
- [6:40] Vicky and Joe have a very nice patio at Project Dingle!
- [9:45] We don’t need to go looking for big dramatic Hollywood films to find a good story.
- [11:40] What makes a good story?
- [13:10] The media tends to focus on the big rags to riches stories, but you can have a ‘little’ story to share and it’ll still make a big impact.
- [13:45] Do you think your story isn’t interesting enough?
- [15:00] You don’t have to suffer dramatically to create amazing stories.
- [17:10] Vicky shares examples of what makes a good story.
- [20:35] It’s difficult to change people. Instead, find out who they want to be.
- [22:45] How does Vicky find her stories?
- [26:20] Don’t be afraid to write what you feel.
- [28:25] Vicky has an audiobook! Go get it !
- Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.