Guest Info – Jocelyn Brady
Your brain is built for magical things. I help you create and experience the fuhhhh out of those things. How? By mastering your BS! Yay! (That’s BS for Brain Stories, kidz.) So you chronic high achievers and overthinkers get OUT of your head and into some sweet, sweet flow. Alllll while creating the stuff you would MOST regret never trying before you die.
Vicky sits down with Jocelyn Brady, Brain Coach and extremely funny wise owl, and asks: why are our brains such magical things? And also assholes? Tune in to find out how our brains lie to us, live action shots of our two brains getting distracted mid-sentence, and why you need to do the things before you die.
- [2:10] What is a brain coach?
- [4:50] Our brains are filled with lies.
- [5:30] Why do our brains create so much resistance when we are starting something new?
- [7:40] How did Jocelyn first get into brain science?
- [10:25] Diversity of thought is critical to growth, understanding, and compassion.
- [12:20] It’s all about getting better at embracing uncertainty.
- [14:30] How do you get out of your own way? It starts with asking questions, and you have to keep digging.
- [17:25] What we tell ourselves shapes how we show up in the world.
- [20:25] You are capable of immense change. We’re very adaptable creatures!
- [25:00] Get yourself out there. Put yourself in uncomfortable situations. You will get better!
- [25:55] Want to get better at writing? Sign up for a stand up comedy class.
- [29:45] How do you find and tap into joy?
- [35:20] What is Jocelyn currently writing about at the moment? Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: email@example.com
Connect with Jocelyn:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.