Guest Info – Kathy Scott
Kathy Scott has been a massage therapist for 12 years and runs Hands On At Work, her own corporate massage business. The knowledge she’s gained has allowed her to specialise and create work for other therapists—and now she’s sharing her story with you. She’s been where you are, and understands the challenges you’re facing.
If you’re ready to create a business that fills you with delight and brings in only the kind of clients you love to touch, pick up her book, and start reading.
Vicky sits down with Kathy Scott and talks about massage, being quietly rebellious, and writing an award-winning book. Tune in and hear us chat about chipping away at the patriarchy, just getting it done, and what matters to all of us.
- [1:35] A little bit about Kathy and what she does!
- [3:55] Why did Kathy decide to write a book?
- [6:35] You don’t need a rags to riches story to get people interested.
- [7:35] Sick of it all, Kathy left her career and took on an dead-end job.
- [12:10] What was Kathy’s writing process like?
- [15:15] What challenges did Kathy run into as a first time book-writer?
- [18:25] What’s Kathy’s book all about?
- [21:55] Kathy published her book in Dec of last year!
- [24:45] What advice does Kathy have for someone writing a book?
- [28:25] What to know more? Connect with Kathy! Links in the show notes!
- [29:40] Remember, no matter what, your story matters! Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.