Guest Info – Karl Walker-Finch
I love being a dentist, so much so that I’m writing a book about being a happy dentist which I hope will inspire other young (and old) dentists with a passion for helping patients and fixing teeth. This profession gives me the opportunity to connect with people and help them every day in a friendly environment with the support of a brilliant team at Lindley Dental.
Remember why you’re doing this—that’s the message from today’s podcast episode with Dr Karl Walker-Finch, dentist and writer extraordinaire! This week, Vicky sits down with Karl to talk about teeth, the people who own them, and figuring out your WHY. Tune in and find out all about why Karl decided to write his book, what it’s been like to create, and how it’s helped him grow as a dentist and a human.
- [1:15] A little bit about Dr. Karl an how he became a dentist!
- [4:45] Dr. Karl didn’t always love being a dentist. He had to find a new approach to enjoying his career.
- [7:05] The demand for the perfect smile has greatly increased on social media.
- [8:55] Why did Dr. Karl decide to write a book?
- [9:50] Dentists are taught to fix teeth, but everything outside of that is a bit ‘unknown’. There’s more to teeth than fixing teeth and Dr. Karl wanted to help educate others on this.
- [12:30] Finding your way to being a dentist is a fundamental part of the process.
- [17:55] Don’t get too caught in the weeds. Just write! Don’t edit! That part comes later.
- [18:10] A trick that helped Dr. Karl was dictating the words.
- [24:10] You can write your book 20 minutes at a time. You don’t need massive blocks of time to finish your book.
- [25:00] Vicky does a series of rapid fire questions!
- [31:50] Want to know more and read Dr. Karl’s book? Link to his website in the show notes! Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky: Vicky@vickyfraser.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.