This week we’re giving you the second half of Vicky’s Weird + Wonderful Author Showcase, in which you’ll hear Melanie Osborne talking about her love for trees and nature, and Hillary Weiss reading from her manuscript about BIGNESS. Seriously, if you’re exhausted, Mel’s excerpt will be a balm for your soul. And if anyone’s ever made you feel like you’re too much, you need Hillary’s book. Listen, enjoy, and remember: you can do this too! You can write your book.
- [2:05] Vicky welcomes Melanie to the podcast! What’s her book all about?
- [5:25] Melaine reads an excerpt from her book.
- [13:25] You don’t have to be a writer to tap into your passion and share it with others!
- [14:35] Vicky introduces Hillary and tells the audience a little bit about her book.
- [18:05] Hillary reads a little bit from her upcoming book!
- [24:50] So many of Vicky’s students are writing on a wide variety of topics. She hopes it inspires you, too, that you can write that ‘odd’ book!
- [26:40] Not everyone who came into this writing group were self-proclaimed writers.
- [28:55] Are you interested in writing your book? Vicky’s got a write night event happening on Feb 24!
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.