OMG it’s the 301st episode! Question: do you dream about getting onto the New York Times bestseller list? Don’t bother mate. Bestseller lists are balls—and if we write a book with the aim of getting onto such a list, our book ain’t gonna cut it. This week, Vicky and Joe take a peek into the world of bestseller status, rip it a new one, and natter about The Wheel of Time. Again.
- [1:25] Vicky is thinking about changing the name of this podcast…again.
- [2:10] Can you believe Vicky and Joe have been podcasting since 2015?
- [5:35] Quick update on project dingle.
- [6:15] Everyone wants to be a bestseller. Why!
- [8:15] Don’t look at other people’s best sellers and assume it’s a good book.
- [10:35] Just because you have a best seller doesn’t mean you’ve sold a lot of books, or made any money.
- [13:05] Although sales might be great, you have to look at why you’re writing this book.
- [16:30] Vicky will help you write the best book you can write, and have a book you’re really proud of.
- [17:50] Marketing takes longer, but you’ll have a better and more targeted audience by the end of it.
- [19:55] Want to write a book but don’t know how? Book a free call with Vicky!Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.