Guest Info — Kim Krause Schwalm
Kim Krause Schwalm, founder of the Get Dangerously Good copywriting training and mentorship hub, helps copywriters, marketers, and business owners become dangerously good at their craft — and master the techniques, client management skills, and CEO mindset that will make them A-list exceptional in their industry.
Over the past two decades, Kim has built a reputation as one of the top direct response writers in the country. She’s racked up dozens of successful direct mail and online controls, beating legendary copywriters and becoming the first female copywriter to get Boardroom control. Her copy’s graced the pages of companies all over the globe (like Soundview, Bottom Line, National Geographic, and Green Valley Natural Solutions), and she’s spoken on stage at top-tier conferences like Copy Chief Live, TCC IRL, Copy Accelerator, and more.
Join Vicky as she talks to Kim Krause Schwalm about dildo stories! Oh wait—sorry—CHILDREN’S stories. (Vicky learns not to mumble into the mic…) In this week’s episode, Vicky asks Kim all about moving from full-time copywriting into copy mentoring, building a list and brand, and taking a stab at a totally new kind of writing: screenplays and children’s books.
- [2:06] An A-list copywriter describes what gratifies her these days.
- [3:52] Why can’t we all just get along? What Vicky likes about Kim’s emails.
- [5:40] Female copywriters are so freaking nice.
- [7:30] Kim explains her Fast Track to A-list mentoring program and the advice she gives to mentees.
- [14:20] The ingredients Kim uses to make magic.
- [16:48] Joining Vicky’s Power Hour was a game-changer for Kim’s personal projects.
- [19:11] The importance of writing a little bit every day, and the book Kim reads once a year.
- [21:49] The inside scoop about Kim’s children’s books.
- [23:48] The Big Reveal: Kim’s current read, favorite reads, favorite song, and binge-worthy show.
- [26:58] Optimistically speaking, Kim is grateful for her health and her amazing kids.
- [29:46] Find out more about Kim.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.