This week’s special guest is the Purple Yeti of Resistance, which sits on Vicky’s chest and stops her from writing. Tune in and find out how she defeats her yeti, and listen to Joe’s take on getting stuff done. You can also listen to Joe be horrified by the phrase “refilling your creative cup” and discover why Vicky has been writing and recording tiny songs. Enjoy!
- [0:55] Joe is reading the gender-neutral Left in the Darkness, an aged Christie spoiler, and Vicky’s non-fiction fix is Furiously Happy.
- [6:03] Songwriting with Ben and Joel: Will the Deadbeats be a hit?
- [8:16] Vicky introduces us to her giant purple Yeti of resistance.
- [11:24] Tips and techniques for pushing through resistance to jump-start your writing.
- [17:31] One thing that works for almost everybody… try habit stacking.
- [21:39] Complete a decent writing session? Reward yourself.
- [22:08] How to fill your creative cup.
- [24:04] Don’t beat yourself up when you come up against resistance when writing. It’s hard sometimes.
- [26:53] Weird and Wonderful Season 3 is open and Book Breakthrough is on. Reach out to Vicky.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.