Guest Info — John Holcroft
“Tell me what you want, what you really, really want.”
Am I offering the right product or service? Will this new idea for a business work? You can save yourself a fortune in time, money and stress the earlier you find out. After doing everything wrong in his first start-up, and going broke in the process, John discovered how to find out. It isn’t pitching. It’s listening and caring. It’s talking to your clients and helping them share what matters. This is what John’s new book ‘Be A Client Whisperer‘ is all about….
This week, Vicky is talking to Team Moxie Member John Holcroft about his new book, Be a Client Whisperer. It’s been a long time coming and it’s worth the wait—join Vicky and John as they dig into why he wrote his book, why everyone needs to read it, and how YOU can become a client whisperer. Part 2 follows next week!
- [2:07] John describes how he became an entrepreneur that made a great product nobody wanted.
- [7:53] A sparks card is not a reward card.
- [10:59] Another project John worked on that didn’t really go anywhere.
- [15:15] John started writing a different book called Don’t Start Coding.
- [16:55] In Chapter Seven of Be a Client Whisperer, John describes the perfect example of people not listening to each other.
- [20:06] No one notices good marketing. It is when someone just tries to sell, sell, sell that people notice how yucky bad marketing is.
- [23:35] There are worksheets in John’s book to help business owners change their habits.
- [26:32] John struggled to interview people for his project.
- [30:29] What to expect from Part 2 and how to get a copy of Be A Client Whisperer.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.