Join Vicky as she chats to her very very old mentor Jon McCulloch, aka the Evil Bald Genius, about how he’s actually a very kind fluffy bunny and not at all evil, and also about his books. We dig into why he wrote his books and, crucially, how he’s using them to grow his business. So if you’re writing a book you hope is going to help you grow your business, this is a must-listen episode. You’ll get everything you need inside. Enjoy!
- [2:05] A little bit about Jon and his latest book!
- [3:45] What is Jon’s book about?
- [6:10] Why did Jon want to write his book?
- [8:55] People who read your book tend to be better quality customers.
- [14:55] How does Jon plan on doing with the book?
- [19:55] Use your book as your business card.
- [26:05] Pick your social media platform of choice and just announce that you’re giving away a free book!
- [32:15] When should you just quit?
- [36:10] Jon shares an inspirational story about his daughter.
Mentioned in This Episode:
Email Vicky about 1:1 coaching at: email@example.com
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow Notes in the Margin using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.