After a brief argument about whether or not time travel is possible (it’s not), Vicky explains how time travel is, in fact, possible. But not like you think. Not with paradoxes and stepping on ants that turn out to be Hitler, or whatever. In this week’s episode, Vicky and Joe talk about the power of story, space archaeology, and why the oldest letter in the world is hilarious.
- [1:40] Vicky and Joe faced some chicken drama.
- [5:30] Lovely Christmas lights have been put up in the village.
- [6:35] Is time travel actually possible?
- [9:10] What is the oldest piece of writing in the world? It was from over 3,000 years ago!
- [13:10] A little bit of history behind the Bill of Rights, and why people write what they write.
- [15:20] By reading people’s old love letters and examining how they lived, you can get a better idea of not only what they did, but also how they felt.
- [17:50] Did organized religion exist before we started farming? Some people believe it didn’t.
- [20:10] The core of our history showcases that we like to work together and look after each other.
- [21:25] Even if you think no one is interested in your story, people are!
- [23:25] Can Vicky convince Joe to get a puppy? Stay tuned. Mentioned in This Episode:
Want to know more? I’ve written a book, you know. You can get your mitts on it here.Want to read the transcript? Click below…
Ask a Question!
Got any questions about how to write a book? Or about small business marketing? Send us an email and we’ll answer it on the podcast!
Subscribe & Download
Listen on the go! Follow the 1000 Authors With Moxie Podcast using your favourite app:
Start Writing Your Book Today
If you want to learn more about how to write, self-publish, and market a book for your business, snaffle yourself a copy of How The Hell Do You Write A Book? Then check out the blog and podcast for more articles and guides. If you want a little (or a lot) more help, find out how you can work with me.
Vicky Fraser is the founder of Moxie Books and author of How The Hell Do You Write A Book and Business For Superheroes. She helps business owners write life-changing books, connect with readers and new customers, and grow their businesses. When she’s not doing that, she’s hanging from a trapeze by her feet.